RED HAND DAY Red Hand Day is a global campaign to collect one million red hands for presentation at the United Nations on February 12, 2009. Special events – in every region of the world, including conflict zones – are being planned for November 20 in anticipation of the February presentation.
DISCUSSION THREAD: UNICEF VOICES OF YOUTH: WAR Mission: To offer all children and adolescents, including the hard-to-reach, a safe and supportive global cyberspace within which they can explore, discuss and partner on issues related to human rights and social change…
THE VISIBLE CHILD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM, INVISIBLE CHILDREN Pioneered by Uganda’s Country Director Jolly Grace Okot, the program focuses on increased access to post-primary education, improved learning environments, and mentoring from local leaders.
2. NewsHour with Jim Lehrer Lesson: Children at War
3. Beyond the Fire, Teen Experiences with War: Lesson Plans 2, Child Soldiers
4. British Red Cross, Class Act: You or Your Brother
6. UNWorks Lesson Plan on Child Soldiers
7. ESL/EFL Lesson Plan: Nations pledge to end use of child soldiers
8. University of Iowa: Lesson Plan on Child Soldiers
9. Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting: Scars and Stripes in the Classroom
10. Lesson Plans 2, Child Soldiers, BEYOND THE FIRE, Teen Experiences with War
We are assembling a database of Lesson Plans relating to child soldiers at CSR. If you have a lesson plan or other type of educational resource you would like to share, please upload it using the following form. We will reformat if necessary and post on the site.
UPLOAD LESSON PLANS HERE: